Sunday 18 July 2010

Home Sweet Home

So I'm back for the rest of summer now, other than my jaunt to Leeds festival, and I've got a feeling the weather will stay as it was the moment I stepped off the plane. Dull.

Anyway, I'm far too tired to think up something interesting to write, or at least as interesting or otherwise as I can typically muster, so I think I'll cheat and just give you another quote post. I think this is number 3. I've picked a Douglas Adams one in keeping with my love of all things Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy at the moment (I'm now up to the fifth book in the trilogy and they've all been great).

"Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"

This just pretty much sums up my view of religions argument that Atheists need to 'open their minds' and 'see the beauty of God'. Why? Why should I jump to ridiculous conclusions based on no evidence whatsoever and believe in this God or Gods? Why can't the universe just be wonderful even without a designer?

No comments: