Wednesday 31 March 2010

Leeds 2010

Well, the tickets been bought and the line-up's released but I can't help feel like its a bit of an anti-climax. Don't get me wrong, the line-up isn't awful and the past two years I've been to Leeds fest the actual bands haven't been the thing that make it what it is, the atmosphere and fun around the camp site is almost worth the ticket in itself. I'm sure this year will still be brilliant but it could have been that much better.

I look at the other line-ups with a hell of a lot of envy, especially T in the Park. Muse, Eminem, Kasabian, Jamie T, Prodigy... Its unfair for one festival to have that many great acts. There were so many rumours about Muse being at Leeds that I thought it was a dead cert, after they weren't playing everything else was going to struggle to compare to be honest.

But lets look at the positives. The Libertines should be fun but somehow I don't think I'll be sticking around for Arcade Fire, not when Pendulum are on the NME stage, I imagine that'll be one of the highlights, they certainly were 2 years ago. I don't know how Modest Mouse or The Cribs will fare on Main Stage but I might pop by.  The next day we've got Foals on NME and then Blink-182 at night, I'm not the biggest fan but it should be pretty good. The rest of the saturday looks pretty awful to be honest. Then the sunday has Mumford & Sons on NME followed by Queens of the Stone Age and Guns'n'Roses on Main, an adequate day, nothing spectacular though. 

Like I said, the best bit may well turn out to be the camping and things around there, the relentless tent is always a good laugh and the silent disco was possibly my highlight of 2009, people may well call me a heathen for saying that but it really was brilliant.

No comments: