Thursday 3 June 2010

My Big Personality Test

A couple of nights ago 'Child of our Time' was on, and they did a massive personality test over 51 countries to look at five personality traits that pretty much cover most aspects of human life; Openness, Conscientiousness, Extroversion, Agreeableness and Neuroticism. So, eager for another excuse to have a break I decided to do it myself and you lucky people can see the results.

Ta da. Apparently my highest trait is agreeableness (4/5) and my lowest is neuroticism (1.8/5). Whilst I know that any kind of test like this isn't going to be 100% accurate, I'd tend to agree that I reckon these results pretty much sum me up in these 5 areas.

Agreeableness is how easily you can get along with others and how well you can read their expressions and fears. I've always liked those quizzes where you have to tell how someone's feeling from a picture of their eyes and I'm pretty good at it if I do say so myself ;) It also probably has something to do with the fact that sometime's I crave approval from other people quite a lot, maybe too much. Although not being neurotic means that I don't get too stressed when I don't, see how they all go together nicely.


I'm definitely low on neuroticism, if I had to predict any that would have been the one I'd have put hard cash on. Being neurotic means that you're sensitive to stresses and I'm just not a worrier, sometimes I worry a bit too little. On the plus side, it means I rarely get stressed about exams or other things which helps me because while some people thrive under stress, I prefer to work when I'm calm and can think things through.

And plum in the middle is conscientiousness (3.4/5), that's the ability to make plans and follow them through. In the middle is pretty much right for me I'd say. I can make plans and stick to them if I really need to but most of the time I just like to go at things as they come along, having a plan can be so boring sometimes.

So there is me, simplified down to five numbers, make of it what you will.

P.s. This hasn't just been written now, because I'm currently on a major binge having finished exams. I wrote it earlier but just posted it now for you lucky people. Let me know what you think of the re-jig with the Medicine/Politics/Football buttons -> and whatnot.

2 comments:

Liam said...

Liking the new buttons and the new layout. I'll need to sort myself out!

How'd you do them buttons?

Chris said...

Cheers :)
Well I don't have any photoshop or out so I just made a picture of the button in Word by sticking some wordart over the top of some pics I had. Then uploaded them to Imageshack and resized them(Photobucket or something similar will do) to get a HTML code for them. Then just add a HTML gadget to your page from the customise page of Blogger and whack this in:

<*center*><*a href="*Put the HTML of where you want to link to here*" target="_blank"><*img src="*And put the HTML of your picture here*" border="0" alt="Photobucket" /><*/a*><*/center*>

Sounds a lot more long-winded when you write it out but it really doesn't take long. Hope that all makes sense :)

P.s. Take out all the asterisks, i had to put them in so that it would let me post this.