Sunday 9 May 2010

End of the Road & Living Wage

Like I said yesterday I don't have much time to write at the moment with all my revision for tomorrow's mock OSCE (it's going well if you're at all bothered) but I thought I'd take a second out to bid farewell to the football season.

After a great first leg for Blackpool we go to Nottingham on Tuesday with a 2-1 advantage, its not the biggest lead ever but its something to defend and we have every chance of getting to Wembley which I'd never have dreamed possible at the start of the season. We were battered in the first half but turned it around brilliantly in the second and might even have ended with a bigger lead if we'd have converted our chances at the end.

And then today Chelsea completed the weekend by winning the title in style with an 8-0 drubbing of Wigan. You'd find it hard to argue they didn't deserve it, Drogba had golden boot, Cech shares the golden gloves and Chelsea have the highest ever goal difference in top flight history. Not a bad season. John Terry lifting the trophy, glorious moment.

So, before I get back to work, I'll leave you with this. Its about the living wage, basically trying to bring the minimum wage in line with what it actually costs to live in different areas. Gordon Brown talked about it in the last few days of the campaign and its got a lot of backing recently. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/10098412.stm

No comments: