Saturday 1 May 2010

Chasing that Status

I'd almost forgotten how good gigs were, until Chase & Status at the academy last night that is, it was awesome. I haven't been to any other gigs since being at uni here which is weird considering that I live down the road from the Academy and the MEN but I haven't really seen any bands that I was willing to spend my lovely student loan on. It was a pretty weird mix of people last night, there was the presumably 14 yo scene kids who thought it was hardcore to be at a drum and bass gig, then there was the skinhead chav crew down there and a few mosh-heads scattered amongst. It was a really good gig though, especially ending on End Credits and Pieces. I imagine it will pale into nothingness when compared with seeing Pendulum at Leeds this summer though, they were easily my highlight of the festival two years ago.


In other news, I went to see my house that I'm moving into next year earlier today, it's being done up from scratch so we're going to pop by every so often to see how its getting along. All the plastering and electrics are done and its starting to look like an actual house now which is always a positive. Plus we have a little cubby hole in the living room, I'm not sure what it was meant to be for but its gonna be a great hide-and-seek spot :)

No comments: