So, I've have returned to Manchester after an elongated stay home because of the fun of Sunday. While I was back something occurred to me, I'm more reliant on technology than I realised. I decided to leave my laptop at uni while I went home and also foolishly decided to leave my phone charger as I thought it would have enough charge left to do me until I got back. So for the past two days without a computer, phone or iPod (which made the train journey about 5 times longer) I've appreciated how much I need these things.
Don't get me wrong, I haven't been going mad without them, but after two days I was already wondering how many things I'd have missed. Without them I couldn't:
- Wake up in the morning. (My phone is my alarm)
- Organise meeting people without difficulty.
- Reply to various invites.
- Check the football scores. (A massive problem!)
- Check when I was supposed to be in university.
- Return calls, meaning I must have seemed pretty ignorant.
- Pass the time on boring journeys.
Basically, we'd all be fucked on a desert island.